Announcing: FOP’s Spay/Neuter Program Effective June 1st: for Dogs!
All family dogs must be spay/neutered to participate.
(1) For any person needing financial assistance (government aid with proof) to spay or neuter their canines, Friends of Pets will underwrite the procedures for $20 per canine, regardless of size.
(2) For those not able to demonstrate need for financial assistance, FOP will contribute one-half toward the cost to spay/neuter their dogs.
(3) For those with unspayed or unneutered cats, who agree to spay or neuter all their cats through our program, and have proof of receiving government aid, Friends of Pets will spay or neuter their dogs for free!
Please contact Friends of Pets for complete details. Polices and Procedures are in place and must be followed.
We receive many many calls from people who want to know how to participate in our Spay/Neuter Programs for cats and dogs.
This is what to do:
1. If you have a couple of questions, please call 541-850-0750. But the questions cannot be lengthy.
2. Come to our facility and discuss with Kathy the facts: such as, the number of animals, available appointment date for the procedures, which program works best for you. This will take about 15 or 20 minutes of your time to gain a clear understanding and a plan. For dogs, FOP works with only Klamath Animal Clinic and So. Sixth Veterinary Clinic.
3. For cats, we have Policies and Procedures in place for participants. Please review these on the pages "Free Spay Days for Cats" and "$15 S/N Program."
4. Both of our Feline Spay/Neuter Programs are available to nearly all residents and are not influenced by income levels. The only ones excluded from participating in our programs are members, employees, and volunteers with all other humane societies or shelters.
5. We are normally open for this from 9:00 to 2:00 Monday thru Thursday, and until noon on Friday, except for Spay Day Week (closed).