In addition to our Monthly Free Spay Days for ferals, etc., when ears are notched during surgery, we also maintain a Spay/Neuter program for those who can afford $15 per cat. These surgeries are done at Klamath Animal Clinic during their weekly schedule.
Klamath Animal Clinic will charge more than $15 per cat, of course, for the surgeries. FPKB will pay the full cost. Because of this, you will not pay KAC any further money for the service. If you can contribute more than $15 towards the cost, we are grateful!
Regardless if you are coming to one of our Monthly Spay Days, or paying $15 and going to Klamath Animal Clinic, FPkB dispenses these two items for free and will discuss any other feline health issue you may have.
You must come to our shelter facility to acquire all the information, pay us the $15 per cat, read and agree-to our Policies and Procedures. When all information is given, we will telephone Klamath Animal Clinic and help you make an appointment. Sometimes your appointment-wait time may be 10 days.
We average about 100 cats spay/neutered each month. This total includes our Spay Day and the S/N program with Klamath Animal Clinic. In the month of September 2019, 167 cats were altered through these two programs.
1. Individuals who are members, employees, volunteers, or associates with any humane society are disqualified from this program. These groups have sufficient funding to support their own programs. For example, the Klamath Humane Society took in nearly $800,000.00 in 2017, but spent only 6% on veterinary care ($43.784.00)
2. Residents of Alturas are disqualified because local veterinarians can provide spay/neuter services.
3. Individuals who breed cats, regardless as a hobby or professionally, are disqualified from our program. None of the offspring can utilize our program.
4. If you have a negative attitude or tend to be critical of our program, you do not qualify. Please find other resources for spay/neuter.
4. We ask you to please pay as much as you can afford for each certificate. We have limited funds and want to stretch them to help as many cats as possible. If you can pay more than $15, please offer to do so. It will greatly help us do more. The more cats we help, the better for all.
5. If you are the one obtaining certificates, please be the one to present the feline to the clinic
on surgery morning, as well as pick up post-surgically. The greatest misunderstandings and mistakes occur when someone else does these tasks.
6. History speaks when I must say there always seems to be someone in the group who will ruin the program for everyone else. Therefore, please know, if you purchase certificates and you or your agents fail to comply with all of the above, the certificates will be voided and no further services will be provided. No money for any unused certificates will be refunded. We will advise you to locate another veterinary clinic of your choice to complete the work at your cost.
7. If you mislead us and deny your affiliation with any humane society organization, Friends of Pets will cancel the scheduled surgery, as long as the surgery is not underway.
Any actual or implied affiliation will be sufficient grounds for cancellation by Friends of Pets.
1. After receiving your certificate(s), telephone Klamath Animal Clinic at 882-8854and request to schedule an appointment. State you have an FOP GREEN certificate. You will be required to have the feline at the clinic between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. on the day of surgery, with pickup the same day, at a time designated by staff. No food for the feline after 9:00 p.m. the night before surgery.
2. The clinic will schedule your cat’s surgery on a day the staff has available time to perform
3. For semi-tame, feral or hard-to-handle felines, each must arrive at the clinic in a humane trap, described in support documents. Using plastic pet carriers is not permitted.
4. For very tame felines, each must arrive at the clinic in a plastic pet carrier. No boxes or hand-held cats.
5. Please note the expiration date on each certificate. The certificate will not be
redeemable at the veterinary clinic after that date and refunds are not given. If lost, they are not replaced. A new certificate must be purchased.
I meet the requirements stated in “Required Policies and Procedures”
and will accept the consequences listed in Nos. 6 and 7 if I fail to comply with all policies and procedures.